The science behind colour therapy or chromotherapy is interesting – and fits perfectly alongside essential oils
The first time I heard about this, I have to admit, I dismissed it, but then, after speaking to a number of therapists in different fields who use chromotherapy, I tried it, and I was surprised to find that it was a thing. I didn’t make the connection between the coloured lights on the Diffusers and the theory of colour therapy for a couple of years.
When I tried the colours in combination with essential oils, I was pretty impressed. Everything made sense – especially the halftones.
So, here are the colours and how they can impact:
- Cyan Blue – to reduce stress & enhance a state of rational calmness
- Red – to reduce feelings of hypertension & promote courage
- Yellow – to reduce melancholy or feelings of sadness
- Green – to enhance balance
- Mauve/Violet – to enhance restfulness
- Pink – to reduce feelings of anxiousness
- Silver/White – to enhance wellness
I must add at this point that many many institutions use these colours in clinic and therapy rooms to impact on a patient or client’s mindset.
Here is a little more on the theory of each of the colours used in colour therapy:
Blue is an intellectual colour. It helps promote feelings of calmness, a restoring of logic and of clarity of communication. Blue also helps remove emotion from situations – thus enabling a more rational state of mind and presence of mind.
Red is the colour of action. It is stimulating, but is also warming and delivers courage – assisting with a feeling of having control and fighting the feelings of being out of control.
Yellow is the colour of optimism, yellow helps where self-esteem is lacking. The flipside of yellow is that it can also cause people to hold back. Moving from yellow to red would be a good example of managing your day by colours.
Mauve/Violet is the spiritual colour of reflection and deep thought. it helps bring feelings of satisfaction, quality and a lesser focus on details or daily toils. Violet is useful at night when sleep is restless.
Colour Therapy and essential oils.
To match colours with oils will definitely have an additional impact. Here’s a guide to get started:
- Cyan Blue – to reduce stress & enhance a state of rational calmness | Essential Oils – Stress Less Blend, Marjoram, Frankincense, Sweet Orange
- Red – to reduce feelings of hypertension & promote courage | Essential Oils – Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Lemongrass
- Yellow – to reduce melancholy or feelings of sadness | Essential Oils Bergamot, Rosemary, Mandarin, Orange
- Green – to enhance balance | Essential Oils Geranium, Marjoram, Lavender, Orange
- Mauve/Violet – to enhance restfulness & recovery | Essential Oils Deep Rest Blend, Frankincense, Lavender, Ginger
- Silver/White – to enhance wellness | Essential Oils Eucalyptus, Lavender, Tea Tree, Ginger
This is a guide only and can vary by individual. The universal truth, however, is that the more you learn about essential oil and alternative therapies, the more they impact your life.
Essential Oils for Stress Management:
Calm Blend 10ml$34.00
Bergamot Essential Oil$24.00
Geranium Essential Oil$27.00
Lavender Essential Oil 10ml$27.00
Sweet Orange Essential Oil 10ml$22.00
Essential Oil Selector Three
Essential Oil Set Calm Support$54.00
Aromatherapy Set Productivity$54.00
Aromatherapy Set Emotional Stability$67.00
Mandarin Essential Oil 10ml$26.00
Lemongrass Essential Oil 10ml$24.00
Baliba Stress Less Blend 10ml$29.00